Pelvic Ultrasound Scan
GYNAECOLOGICAL SCANS AND FERTILITY SCANS
Here at Baby Moments we offer a range of scans by qualified sonographers at our modern, friendly ultrasound suite in central Didcot.
Self referrals are welcomed, meaning you are able to attend an appointment with us without first being referred by your GP or another specialist. You can simply call us for an appointment or CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE.
Some of our clients come to us because of a concern over their gynecological health, (pain, unexplained bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding) or a fertility problem. A scan with us might be used to investigate the cause of this, or eliminate certain worrying conditions and set your mind at rest.
Our clients also might book appointments with us as a way of speeding up treatment they might be undergoing under the NHS, for instance to aid in diagnosis where there is a wait for NHS scan appointments, or to confirm or exclude a condition where previous tests have been inconclusive.
We offer weekend and evening appointments as well as appointments during usual working hours, and we provide a full report at the time of the appointment for you to take away with you. Results of your scan and any recommendations will be discussed during your appointment. Our sonographer will always be able to advise you if further medical investigation is appropriate. You will also receive a detailed report following your scan which you can take to your GP or gynecologist if necessary.
All Gynecological scans at Baby Moments are conducted Trans-abdominally (a tummy scan) and Trans-vaginally (an internal scan). When you book your appointment you will be advised which is appropriate for you, sometimes a combination of both will be used.
If you would like to discuss details about a scan or if you are unsure if it is suitable for you please contact us our trained, experienced sonographer will be pleased to advise you.
You can get in touch with us:
- Via our online booking system
- Email using contact us
- By phone on 01235 811243 during clinic times (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, answerphone available) or call 0800 0075076 at all other times
Gynaecological and Fertility Scans At Our Women Scan Clinic
- No GP referral required
- Easy booking online or by phone
- Same day or next day appointments often possible. PLUS evening and Saturday appointments available
- Convenient central location with free parking adjacent and, excellent public transport links
- Expert advice from Qualified and experienced sonographers and detailed report provided for you take away on the day to pass on to your GP or gynaecologist
Do you need a Gynaecological or Fertility scan?
At Baby Moments we perform Pelvic Ultrasound Scan using the latest GE E8 equipment to check the following:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- An intrauterine device (IUD)
- Check for fibroids
- Polycystic ovaries
- Follicle tracking
- Ovarian cyst
- Thickness of the uterine lining (endometrium)
- Assess the size and shape of the ovaries.
- The scan and repot of the examination takes around 30 minutes and is performed using Transabdominal and Transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Cost of the scan is £99 during weekdays and £109 for evening and Saturday appointments.